Representative Payee Program Coordinator
LMSW, LBSW, Higher Education in Social Work or related field
- Prefer 1+ year experience working with people experiencing homelessness, low income families, or mental health.
- Some experience with budgets, financial planning, and account management is helpful.
- Comfortable working with people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Suggested starting salary of $41K
A complete benefit package is offered as part of this position.
This position will report directly to the Manager of Casework Services and the Executive Director of The Stewpot.
- Oversee the entire Representative Payee caseload which includes:
- Ensuring Rep Payee caseworkers and volunteers are following Rep Payee procedures and policies as set by Social Security and The Stewpot;
- Maintain the Rep Payee census and the distribution of clients to the casework staff and volunteers.
- Update the program guidelines, policies and procedures as needed.
- Train caseworkers and volunteers on Rep Payee program with regularly scheduled training updates to ensure ongoing knowledge of program.
- Supervise caseworkers and volunteers regarding the rep payee program.
- Work with intake coordinator on scheduling new applicants.
- Complete intake process for New Applicants:
- Conduct interviews for prospective clients;
- Request necessary medical and psychiatric records;
- Obtain criminal background checks;
- Prepare and present new applicants information to team for acceptance into program;
- Meet accepted applicants at the social security office for the final process of The Stewpot becoming the Representative Payee.
- Screen and interview prospective volunteers to ensure they are a good fit for the program.
- Advocate for clients and coordinate care with outside agencies. This may include working with the client’s landlords, case manager, and social security representative.
- Teach clients basic budgeting skills.
- Apply appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Ensure client charts/files are maintained in the appropriate order.
- Maintain working knowledge of requirements related to SSA organizational payees, Social Security Benefits, Medicaid, Medicare, and SNAP.
- Be knowledgeable in the use of Representative Payee Manager (RPM) database and how to utilize the RPM manual and helpdesk.
- Process monthly deposits.
- Be an active member of the National Organization of Rep Payees, participating in the monthly phone conferences and seek guidance from the organizations when questions related to procedures arise.
- Maintain client privacy according to HIPPA guidelines.
- Respond in a timely manner to SSA questions related to client accounts.
- Meet with other caseworkers' and or volunteers' rep payee clients in their absence.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org